The H5 comes with everything you need to capture great-sounding audio.
The Zoom H5 Handy Recorder
Evolved Recording for Creators
The compact and portable H5 gives you everything you need to create professional quality audio. It comes with a detachable stereo X/Y microphone and utilizes a system of interchangeable input capsules that allow you to choose the best mic for every situation.
Ideal for live concert and rehearsal recording as well as audio for video, the H5 is equally well-suited for podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules
- Detachable stereo X/Y capsule with shockmounted mics and extended signal capacity
- Four tracks of simultaneous recording
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Requires just two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries (over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries)
Add superior audio to your video
The H5 can be mounted to any DSLR. Its dual combo inputs can handle both mic- and line-level signals. There’s even a dedicated Line Out for direct connection to your camera without the need for an attenuator cable.
XYH-5 shockmounted X/Y mic capsule
The advanced XYH-5 provides dual matched unidirectional condenser microphones housed in an advanced shockmount to minimize vibration and handling noise-ideal for location videography and broadcasting/podcasting. In addition, the XYH-5 is designed to handle extremely loud sounds, making it the perfect choice for capturing the sound of live rock concerts and for electronic newsgathering (ENG) applications.