In the box
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- Hairy windscreen
The Zoom SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule
Extend Your Reach
The SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule is fully compatible with the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders as well as the Q8 Handy Video Recorder. It allows dialogue and narration to be recorded at a distance, without an obtrusive mic in the scene, making it perfect for film and video shoots, live theater, and ENG (electronic newsgathering) applications.
- Hyperdirectional mic capsule for the Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders as well as the Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- Ultra-tight polar pattern allows the capture of distant sound with excellent off-angle noise rejection
- Advanced digital signal processing for the pickup power of a conventional shotgun mic in a unit only half the size
- Perfect for film, video, and live theater applications as well as ENG
- Analog-style gain control for fast setting of input level
- 5-volt preamp minimizes distortion even at high volumes
- Includes hairy windscreen for reduction of wind noise
Use the Right Microphone for the Job
Professional photographers and videographers choose the right lens to capture the optimum visual image. Why should audio be any different? Zoom’s unique system of interchangeable input capsules allow you to always use the right microphone for the audio recording you’re creating. The capsules snap on in seconds, allowing them to be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera.
Zoom provides plenty of variety, too: Two different X/Y stereo mics for live music and concert recording, two different mid-side mics (one standard and one shotgun) for film and videography, two types of shotgun mics (one mono and one stereo), even an expander capsule that allows you to connect two additional external microphones or line-level sources.