In the box
- Operation Manual
- Lithium-ion battery (1050mAh BT-02)
- 3-prong action camera mount adapter
- USB to mini-USB cable
- Sponge windscreen
- Lens cover
- Lens hood
The Zoom Q4n Handy Video Camera
Video that’s bigger, brighter, and more brilliant than ever before.
With its 10 advanced lighting presets, the Q4n captures our highest-quality video ever — from bright daylight to a low-lit club to striking sunset. And with Zoom’s superb audio quality, the Q4n provides a combination no other camera can match.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140 dB SPL
- Record high-resolution audio up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
- Works best with SanDisk, Transcend, Panasonic, and Toshiba Class 10 SD cards
From Sunlight to Low-Light
10 ‘Scene’ presets ensure great results in various environments—even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include “Concert Lighting” (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and ‘Concert-Low Light’, both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors—even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160˚ wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
The Q4n supports high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140 dB SPL) for distortion-free recording.
The Q4n’s built-in microphones can be instantly configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. So what’s the difference?
A/B is a great way to record vivid stereo that provides a realistic sense of space and ambience—ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall.
X/Y stereo recording captures audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It’s ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.