In the box
The AC-3 comes with:
- Operation manual
- Zoom AD-16 AC adapter
Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator
The Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator is an all-in-one direct box and effects pedal that encompasses everything a guitarist needs to sound great live. As an enhanced direct box, the AC-3 restores tone lost through acoustic pickups to ensure that your live sound is lush and faithful to the instrument you have in hand.
For more distinct tone recreation, the AC-3 also includes 15 target guitar presets which can be used to more accurately match the guitar sound you desire. Plus, the AC-3 includes 9 chorus, delay, and reverb effects so you can easily craft your own unique sound.
- 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone re-creation
- 15 target guitar type/body presets for tonal refinement
- 9 effects with adjustable parameters
- High-quality, low noise preamp
- Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
- Built-in compressor, clipping indicator, and 3-band equalizer
- Input and output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob (patent pending)
- Anti-feedback control
- Boost switch for up to 9 dB of additional gain
- Built-in chromatic visual-LED tuner
- USB connection for firmware updates
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
Acoustic Tone Restoration
The AC-3 automatically restores tone that’s lost when an acoustic guitar is connected to a PA or amp, allowing you to have lush sound wherever you play. Simply connect your AC-3 directly to any sound system, plug in your guitar, and you’re all set to deliver a rich and resonant acoustic performance.
Acoustic Sound Refinement
For more distinct tone recreation, the AC-3 also includes 15 target guitar presets which can be used to better match a guitar’s model and body shape. For example, when using a Martin D-18 dreadnought, guitarists can choose the Dreadnought source guitar preset and the D-Eighteen target guitar preset to match their instrument.
Versatile Guitar Effects
The AC-3’s effects generator lets guitarists choose from nine effects including Hall and Mod Reverbs, Analog Delay, Tape Echo, Tremolo, Pad, and Chorus.
Essential DI Features
To give your performances the most impact, the AC-3 features a high-quality preamp which boosts your signal and helps restore true acoustic sound. With 3-band EQ adjustments, you can easily round out your sound.
All-in-One Volume Control
The AC-3’s Volume knob (patent pending) automatically controls the preamp’s input gain and output level, taking the guesswork out of adjusting sound levels to match. This is great when you’re playing live and need to simplify volume control while on stage.